Let’s be in a moment Silence:
Stop what you are doing, close your eyes, take 3 deep breathes in and out.
Welcome to the silence menu where I listed some of the silence experience I know and practise, I would love to share it out. If you have been looking for space to be in quiet, or to experience silence, these might help you.
The Silence Menu:
- Experiences (events / retreats)
- Apps / Websites
- DIY Practices & Tips
Experiences (events / retreats)
- Malaysia (Worldwide):
- Vipassana Meditation: Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India’s most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living.
- The technique of Vipassana Meditation is taught at ten-day residential courses during which participants learn the basics of the method, and practice sufficiently to experience its beneficial results. There are no charges for the courses – not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit.
- Pause Mag’s SIGNATURE PAUSE SESSION: THE ART OF SLOWING DOWN
- PAUSE is a platform dedicated to fresh, authentic and uplifting perspectives on living well. In response to modern society’s ailments of burnout, depression, suicide and anxiety (just to name a few), this is a space that provides inspirational, intelligent, and well-researched content to encourage PAUSE and the elevation of well-being on one’s own terms. Undoubtedly, the mantra of ‘slowing down to speed up’ resonates strongly with the team. (https://www.thepausemag.com/in-session-now/pause-signature-session-8tn8x-an6gr)
- Mindful Moments
- Mindful Moments is hosting a monthly practice session open to all who are interested in practicing mindfulness in a group, whether or not you have any experience in mindfulness.
- Each session will be led by Erin or a guest mindfulness practitioner / teacher, and will focus on different mindfulness practices or themes. Each practice session will last 30 – 45 minutes, after which you may wish to have a chat with Erin about mindfulness or mingle with one another. (http://www.mindfulmoments.sg/take-a-pause.html)
- Pause Mag’s SIGNATURE PAUSE SESSION: THE ART OF SLOWING DOWN
- Plum Village is where Thay has realised his dream of building a Beloved Community: creating a healthy, nourishing environment where people can learn the art of living in harmony with one another and with the Earth. At
- Plum Village we weave mindfulness into all our daily activities, training ourselves to be mindful throughout the day: while eating, walking, working, or enjoying a cup of tea together. Plum Village is a home away from home, and a beautiful, nourishing, simple environment in which to cultivate the mind of awakening.
- Bali, Indonesia: Bali Silent Retreat
- Bali Silent Retreat is more than a yoga and meditation retreat – it’s a self-sustaining eco-sanctuary with restorative and inspirational programs and events. Surrounded by Unesco protected lush rice fields, jungle, healing hot springs and the sacred Mt. Batu Karu, people nourish body & soul and reconnect to true self and inner voice in their own way and own time in profound peace and silence.
- Silent Retreat at Shreyas take a break from the stresses and strains of modern day life and experience complete relaxation and tranquillity on the Silent Retreat programme. Start with a specialist wellness consultation which will help to tailor your stay exactly to your individual needs before embarking on a journey of self-discovery at this peaceful Indian retreat.
- Spend your days relaxing in silence and feel instantly regenerated through a range of meditation and yoga classes, authentic spa treatments and rejuvenating massages. This programme is ideal for those wanting to get away from it all.
- Koh Rong, Cambodia:
- Mad Monkey Hostel is located in secluded beach resort which do not have access to internet, wifi, 3g, or any g. It is a conscious decision to take a break.
- The Big Quiet: Mass meditations for modern people. Made possible by community collaboration. (https://www.facebook.com/bigquiet.nyc%20/)
- The Shine Movement: A variety show with mindfully-curated content that happens pop-up style in Los Angeles and New York about once every 2 months. The event features music from local bands, inspiring short films, group meditation, grassroots philanthropy, delicious food, and storytelling. The Shine’s mission is to create a fun and welcoming social environment where attendees can strike up meaningful conversations and make lasting connections that leave them feeling inspired to do more, give more, and be more. (http://www.theshinemovement.org/)
Places (cafes, nature)
- KL, Malaysia: Jing-Si Books and Cafes (Bukit Bintang and more) Great environment to study and relax. The teas smell and taste so good. You can stay here as long as long u like and read the books here for free https://www.facebook.com/JingsiCafe.Malaysia/
- Bangkok, Thailand: The Nap Lab is a Co-working space, play area and nap area https://www.facebook.com/NapLab-808498162583752/
- Koenji, Japan: R-za Dokushokan, a quiet cafe in Koenji is a small Cafe for people to read books. Here, conversations are not allowed, you have to keep a low voice even when you are making an order. https://matcha-jp.com/en/829
- Singapore: The Book Cafe is a book-themed café that offers a relaxed ambience and casual dining on an extensive cosmopolitan menu that reflects modern dietary trends. http://www.thebookcafe.com.sg/
- Rechaj: A modern meditation and nap studio in New York. https://recharj.com/
- Silent Space: It’s a platform of UK to identify an area of a garden or a park to temporarily reserved for silent visiting. It usually runs for just a few hours a week. Once inside a Silent Space, we stop talking, turn off our phones and cameras, and switch off from social media. There are no other rules. https://silentspace.org.uk/gardens/
- Eye Mask,
- Eckhart Tolle: The Power of Now, A New Earth
- Don Miguel Ruiz: The Four Agreements
Apps / Websites
- Calm: We help people to relax, meditate and sleep. https://www.calm.com/
- Headspace: It’s an app that teaches you how to meditate. https://www.headspace.com/
- Moments: Moment is an iOS app that automatically tracks how much you use your iPhone and iPad each day. If you’re using your phone too much, you can set daily limits on yourself and be notified when you go over. You can even force yourself off your device when you’re over your limit. https://inthemoment.io/
- Pause: An online platform (www.thepausemag.com) that aspires to bring readers fresh, authentic and uplifting perspectives on living well. https://www.thepausemag.com/
- Zenpen.io: A minimalist writing zone, where you can block out all distractions and get to what’s important. The writing! https://zenpen.io/
DIY Practices & Tips
- Take off time from devices
- Make a Quiet space / Zen Room at home
- Eat in silence
- Walk silently in the nature
- Listen to the noise surrounding
May you enjoy the quiet.
Highly appreciate if you could Support Finding Silence Project: