Look up the sky, you will never find rainbows if you are always looking down. -Charlie Chaplin
I am sharing my source of light to you, from videos, to movies, to music, to articles to books and even yoga videos. Hoping that these will help you in any ways.
People told me they have this perception of me being positive, yes thank you but not every moment. Because I am human too. When something hits me, I would still cry to express and I would look for solitude for recovery. Which it is happening recently.
Why we need our own source of light?
Because our mind is conditioned since 1000 years ago, to when we were born, by the societies’ expectations and thus the people around us, we were taught to live and act in fear. These source of light are focusing on becoming our highest self, to live and act with the presence of love. What I believe.
So here you go and take some time off for yourself, always.
These videos challenge my programmed mind/story and I welcome these wisdom in for a better self. Do watch it especially for those who needed more self-love.
- Why You Should Put Yourself First (you may start at 1:42)
- “You Alone Are Enough”
- Oprah on Believing in Yourself
- 30 Days of Healing Camp online
I would love to emphasize on this, recently discovered about the term and I found i have these symptoms. Co-dependency is a pattern of behavior in which you find yourself dependent on approval from someone else for your self-worth and identity.
Find out more here:
- Codependency: how to overcome it forever: the root cause revealed Can start at 7:07 for bigger picture
- What is Codependency? – Are you Codependent? 2016
These are my favourite tracks that I would reloop everytime, serve as a soul pleasing moment and a great reminder.
These are the two movies I would recommend to watch, it widen my perspective of life so much. Wow.
- Tracks: Accompanied only by her faithful dog and four camels, an Australian (Mia Wasikowska) satisfies her craving for solitude by embarking on a solo trip across the desert from Alice Springs to the Indian Ocean.
- Dr. Strange: While on a journey of physical and spiritual healing, a brilliant neurosurgeon is drawn into the world of the mystic arts.
Another one on self-love:
I used to hope you bring me flowers but I plant my own.
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- Start from video: Eckhart Tolle – a New Earth Ch 01 – Oprah 2008
- The Power of Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- The Seat of Soul by Gavy Zukav
I went for 10 days Vipassana Meditation and it changes me since then, shift my mindset of life and raising my self-awareness. So much so on peace of mind.
- Vipassana Malaysia: It is a non-sectarian technique that involves eradication of mental impurities by direct self-observation. Click ‘courses” to choose a course.
I love his poem and quote: As I Began to Love Myself.
- “As I Began To Love Myself” Poem By Charlie Chaplin
- The Six Levels of Higher Consciousness: How to Make the Shift
I have been practising yoga for 5 months since my trip to Perth, it feels sooooo goood everytime. Recommend to practise with 30 days Yoga Camp as link below.
- Start with: 10-Minute Yoga For Self Care – Yoga With Adriene
- Practise: YOGA CAMP – 30 Day Home Practice
Or Write at Zen Pen.
If you have your own version source of light that you would love to share, welcome to share with me. =) I am keen to know. Happy week ahead! ❤